Friday, 26 June 2015

The dress that fits so perfec'T'

Its been a while since I posted anything on the blog. I am really glad to everyone of you who continued to follow this blog when it was silent. I did spend time on the net browsing and reading all the lovely posts that came in my feed, but did not gather excitement to post anything !! Today I want to share a dress I made that fits me so well that I am head over heels in love with it ( skip the print it may be looks too vintage, look for the fit lol).
High neck floral dress white made from sewing pattern imagewear image wear pattern kimono sleeve and gathers at neck waisted dress very well fitted
The lines at the back are for the slant pose not fit issues!
This is the IW1001 pattern by imagewear. I received a lot of compliments for the floral ruched dress IW1005 I made from another Imagewear pattern . There were quite a few e-questions regarding the brand. I was pleased to answer them with delight.
This dress features a high neck and gathers at the side neckline(very well drafted) and kimono sleeves.All are well finished with a good amunt of facing. The waistline is very fitted , it was as if my size was asked for and then the pattern was drafted. Cool na!
High neck floral dress white made from sewing pattern imagewear image wear pattern kimono sleeve and gathers at neck waisted dress very well fitted
High neck , first of its kind in my wardrobe
There are cons for the pattern ,one of it being that I did not see a fabric suggestion anywhere. Well I made it from a woven fabric without stretch. The dress nips at the waist , and all I had was a 12 inch long zipper for the back. I made the complete dress and realised that , because of the high neck I has to use a longer zipper to get the opening below the waist. So there I went ripping the back zipper and closng the center back with a seam. I inserted the zipper in the side and I totally love it this way.
High neck floral dress white made from sewing pattern imagewear image wear pattern kimono sleeve and gathers at neck waisted dress very well fitted
kimono sleeves are the simplest to make
Well this fabric was something that remained after I made the loose dress with a sweet design from the stylish dress book(I made Dress G from the same book recenlty and it was way too loose, now this one is lying crying to be repaired, more about it in next post).I am planning to make this an usual affair of having the zip in the side. I might make another of this dress in grey fabric sometime soon. so did you like this pattern? You can check out more lovely imagewear or my image patterns I have tried too.
I would be more than motivated to read what you have been doing in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! It's just perfect on you! I love the fabric too!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Diya. Love the neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Preethi :) It is indeed unique

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful Diya. Love the neck.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)