Thursday, 6 November 2014

Top with interesting neckline pleat

Heya.. First of all.. Dont be surprised to see a post about a summer top in a winter month. This was made long long ago but coming up on blog now. Its time I checked off my backlog. Well it is not a backlog of finishing unfinished garment lying in my sewing room, but blogging about those which I am using already and they have not yet claimed their presence in cyberspace on my small blog:D . Today I am writing about a super cool top I made. The fun part if the crossover neckline pleat. it i a very creative design and I made it from the My Image magazine.
Top or blouse with pleated neckline the pleat i crossover made from my image sewing magazine with a fabric which has leaf print and back closure with hook and eye
This is the M1401 pattern form the January issue of My Image magazine which can be found here. Previously I had made a tunic with zip front and peplum hem. It was a fantastic hit and uber comfy. I wanted to try many from this issue. And I did make a top , dress and a skirt. But for today's post it is only the top I am showing off ;)
Top or blouse with pleated neckline the pleat i crossover made from my image sewing magazine with a fabric which has leaf print and back closure with hook and eye

The construction was a brain teaser. I loved the way it wraps over and the wonderful pleat comes into being. The back ha a hook and eye closure.
Top or blouse with pleated neckline the pleat i crossover made from my image sewing magazine with a fabric which has leaf print and back closure with hook and eye
 since the style is flared while making this top I knew it would look great with flowy woven fabrics. But I was also more inclined towards using one of the crinkled crepe that I had with leaf print. It is a bright and cheery print. But not as flowy as it must have been. As it is light in weight I went ahead.
Top or blouse with pleated neckline the pleat i crossover made from my image sewing magazine with a fabric which has leaf print and back closure with hook and eye
The fit was good. A little loose for me, so I had to take about an inch all round at the side seams and decrease the armhole depth by 1 cm or so. Apart from this no other alterations were made. This is perfect for summer months.
Top or blouse with pleated neckline the pleat i crossover made from my image sewing magazine with a fabric which has leaf print and back closure with hook and eye
This post remains as simple as the process was making the top . I am curious to know how you have been planning the holiday season coming up next month. Let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Very beautifule Diya, loved the fabric ! Crepe ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anitha, Yes you guessed it right!

      Delete
  2. Another very lovely top. Beautiful fabric and print! I haven't had time to think of holiday planning as such since I decided to go back to school. Time is really limited. If time permits, I may make some DIY items like lip balms or body butters. I'm itching to craft!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)