Monday, 23 June 2014

Pattern testing - Easy Breezy Blouse + Tutorial

Today the gossip I am going to share is about the latest pattern out in the online market for home sewers :) And also I am a guest at the So-Sew-Easy website sharing(I might not want to call it teaching :P, I am no big teacher LOL) a tutorial on drafting sleeves for a sleeveless blouse/top.
Sewing pattern with gathers at neckline suitable for sheer fabrics and beginners released by so sew easy available for purchase on craftsy

The So-Sew-Easy pattern line has released another fantastic pattern. This is a summery blouse called Easy-Breezy-Blouse. I made up this pattern before it was released and shared my experience and reviews with Deby. Similarly some others have made up the blouse and shared their feedback too. You can read all about it on her site and get the feel of how well the blouse looks on various body shapes. I am sharing my thoughts on making it here in this post.

I would recommend this pattern for a beginner who is waiting to get hands on sheers and make something. As I feel there is no complex steps involved which can confuse a newbie to sheers. Just out of the blue I happened to make some ruffle sleeves for this sleeveless blouse and it worked out well. So I have shared a tutorial on how to draft it here. I will try and share a sewing tutorial also soon on my blog.


Sewing pattern with gathers at neckline suitable for sheer fabrics and beginners released by so sew easy available for purchase on craftsy
Preparation of the Pattern and fabric choosing tips: Easy to print off on A4 paper in 15 pages. Since it is only two pattern pieces easy to tape them together. It might take less than an hour. The fabric type recommended is sheer fabrics. Mine is not really sheer but nearly. Some crepe silk(well I feel it is more of poly too). I chose the fabric because of the print and it is really soft. This is best as the gathers at the neckline will become too bulky if a heavier fabric is chosen.
Sewing pattern with gathers at neckline suitable for sheer fabrics and beginners released by so sew easy available for purchase on craftsy
Ohh la la ;)
Making of the blouse: A detailed instruction file is also available with the download. Whats more to it is there is a video completely describing the process of sewing up the blouse. So you may choose either. Even the carry all bag I had tested earlier had excellent videos. The finishing is french seams. My favorite till date. It makes such a lovely finish that I get confused figuring out which is the right side and the wrong side of the blouse(I check with the seams to figure out ;)).

Sizing : Available in 34 to 46 inches  bust sizes named A to E. I had to grade between A and B sizes. It was slightly loose near the waist , as in it not shaped at the waist much, so it is loose kinds.  But the style suits it any way. I left it a little loose itself, without taking in the side seams.
Sewing pattern with gathers at neckline suitable for sheer fabrics and beginners released by so sew easy available for purchase on craftsy
Alterations I made: Now since I was testing the pattern I knew I must not do any changes to the shape of the pattern as such. But I just raised the neckline and omitted the roll collar. I have more than a couple of tops and blouses(some blogged some unblogged) with roll collar. Hence I decided to omit it and Deby was fine with it:). May be next time I will add it too.

If you liked the blouse, you can purchase it from here on craftsy. Let me know your thoughts. And do check out the tutorial too :)Keep sewing as I drrop off to sleep now.Tada

14 comments:

  1. You did a great job - both on sewing this beautiful blouse and on the tutorial for the sleeves. Thanks so much Diya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Deby. Looking forward for more patterns.

      Delete
  2. So pretty.. I love the sleeves on it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful blouse. Love it's feminine charm. You always pick the loveliest of prints too. This one is another beauty! Love the pattern and the shimmery effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great blouse Diya, I love the fabric you have chosen for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blouse pattern but NOT the blouse pattern it takes you to. How can we download your blouse pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hated the roll top and the rope around the blouse. FYI but your version is so cute!

      Delete
    2. It is the same pattern. I only made minor modifications you can read about it in the last section of the post.(under Alterations I made). Thanks

      Delete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.