Friday, 27 June 2014

The Eve clutch review + Customized bow

Last time I posted about the making of my leopard print handbag(Thanks to all of you who really liked my bag and left your motivating comments:)felt very happy reading them), I did make a mention that I had previously made a clutch too. Well, here it is, presenting the making of a clutch in floral with a bow(I have been really busy these days!) Read more and find out all the customization I made.
clutch or purse with bow on the front and floral print. Lot of pockets and handy. Handmade with pdf sewing pattern eve clutch by chris w design
Presenting the floral purse with a bow front :)


Pattern: Eve clutch by Chris W Design. Petite and handy.Loads of pockets. There is a coin pocket, zipped pocket inside which creates a division as well. There are slots for stacking cards and a mobile pocket on the outside. Yet there is room to keep some more stuff inside too.Magnetic snap closure and completely lined. Finished size of this clutch or purse(however you choose to call it)is approximately 25cm * 18 cm.
Preparation: I wanted to make it in floral. Since this is not as big as a handbag, the biggie prints wouldn't suit it. So I settled down for a floral cotton with mini flowers in pink, orange and lush green leaves. The print gives such a joyous spring feeling(Love love love). Got fuchsia for the lining. As I did for my previous bag I carefully pulled out the magnet snap form another old purse;)
clutch or purse with bow on the front and floral print. Lot of pockets and handy. Handmade with pdf sewing pattern eve clutch by chris w design
You get to see how handy it is right !
Making: The instructions are so detailed and full of photos that I did not face any problem anywhere. This one statement means a lot and more description would not be necessary I feel. One point worthwhile to be mentioned: Back then when I was making black and red wallet I had faced a lot of problems sewing around because of the bulk created due to card slots(my inexperience of course). This eve clutch has a brilliant method of making the card slots which eliminates bulk totally.Yippee..
clutch or purse with bow on the front and floral print. Lot of pockets and handy. Handmade with pdf sewing pattern eve clutch by chris w design
Get an idea of the finished size
Alterations: No changes. The front of the clutch has two options either we can add a gathered inset or leave it plain. I can see a lot of customization that can be done to it. I added a bow to the front. I did not use any tutorial , did some trials and drafted the bow myself:).
clutch or purse with bow on the front and floral print. Lot of pockets and handy. Handmade with pdf sewing pattern eve clutch by chris w design
Some interior shots.Not really clear but there were clicked just 5 mins ago, last minute clicks to show you the interiors
I spent a lot of time on photographing this clutch. Got my friend to model for it. I am no wizard with the camera. Trying hands on photography is fun though. Especially when it involves photographing me-made items.
Did you like my clutch? Did you also check out my latest top and tutorial ? :) 
I have a book review coming up next week. It is about a brand new sewing book with loads of feminine styles.Stay tuned.Happy weekend and till next week c ya.

14 comments:

  1. This is really pretty Diya and I love how you added the bow...it really is very pretty and feminine too! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. The pattern is really something classy and useful.

      Delete
  2. You did another amazing job! Clutch bags are so cool. Stylish and super feminine. I like how you chose the opposite prints of the small florals for the outside and bright fuschia for the inside. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. It was coincidence that I had left over fuchsia fabric;)

      Delete
  3. Getting all those layers on a bag through the machine is always hard, so a method for card slots that eliminates a lot of the bulk sounds like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love purses! I have a couple of purse patterns on my "sewing to do" list, which is getting longer by the minute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. After making this one, even I am falling in love with purses:D

      Delete
  5. wow!!! its so pretty..love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty clutch, Diya. I love how you save your old bag hardware and reuse it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is very pretty and feminine, great pattern! visiting from Threading Your Way link party - would love a visit back *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.