Friday, 2 May 2014

Pattern Testing - Carry all bag...

I made a bag !! So let me talk about it today. I made it a while back for testing the pattern and have put to good use for almost a month now. It is the carry all bag pdf pattern by So sew easy. Let me share my experience of making the bag right here with lots of close up shots.[Click below to read the complete post]
carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.



carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.
The slip pockets on the outside and sides.
                                  carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.       carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.
This bag sewing pattern is 16 inches wide and 12 inches tall. The base of the bag is around  inches wide. It features two pockets on the outside and 2 pouches at the sides of the bag. It is completely lined and the lining also has a pocket on the inside. I chose medium weight quilting cotton. Again with some big floral print;). The only hardware I used are the 4 metal rings which I grabbed out from one of my old bags.I could not get stiff interfacing or fusible fleece. So my bag slouches on the inside near the main zipper. It does not stand all that stiff. But nevertheless , it does not mater to me as It is more comfortable for me carrying around on the shoulder when it not stiff.
carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.
The carry all bag pattern is a PDF pattern designed by Deby. In my opinion suitable for an intermediate seamstress. If this is the first bag you are going to make then it will be a difficult one for you. The process of cutting out the pattern pieces form the fabric was quite time consuming. Spend some time there and get to understand where all the pieces fall into the bag. Then the sewing process will become a piece of cake. The instructions are detailed and also Deby has shared videos on how to assemble the bag. These are super useful. I had problems sewing the main body of the bag onto the base and sides. Well that's because of my lack of expertise in sewing bags and heavy layers I suppose. But probably next time I male it will be a more smoother affair.
carry all Bag sewig pdf pattern . With slip pockets and zipper pockets. handmade bag with floral cotton.
ZIpper pocket on one side of the exterior.
As I really liked this pattern I will be making it again. But the next time I shall consider adding zippers to the side pockets as well. And I will be omitting the wide slip pocket on the bag exterior. Because the space beside the handles are so less that I hardly get to keep anything inside these slots. Apart from these changes I do not think I would do any more pattern alterations. So guys the bag pattern is up for grabs here. If you liked my bag then why not make one yourself ;) What do you think ?

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for being part of the pattern testing team on this bag - I love the fabric you chose and its great to see it in a softer style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Deby. I enjoyed testing and glad to know that my review was helpful.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your bag! You did a fantastic job. I love the fabric you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. Good for a picnic outing :D

      Delete
  3. Great bag! I love the fabric you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I did not like the fabric when I purchased it., But after it is made into a bag , now I like it LOL

      Delete
  4. beautiful sew Diya ! I loved the print on the fabric, and plus a lovely review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. Hope the review will be useful :)

      Delete
  5. Love the fabric and the style, Diya!!!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.