Friday, 27 September 2013

Burdastyle Sewing Handbook tour with sweetheart neckline blouse

This is a post about a lovely blouse with pretty details,that I made recently. I somehow spent a lot of time making this. Because I was very keen on the very minute details matching up to perfection. Very happy with the way it has turned out. Personally I am satisfied with the finishing details and the design details. So Kudos! to me for achieving the target :)
Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
Spot the difference ;)!
This pattern is form the Burdastyle sewing handbook. It is a variation of the base pattern. This pattern features a lovely sweetheart neckline and it is very feminine, I fell for it !
Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
  The steps are quite clear on how to draft this blouse. But I did find some minor glitches in the instructions.In the book it is suggested to try out this blouse pattern first as it does not include any zipper closures. But I feel this is not for a beginner. There is a lot of details in this pattern which could mystify a beginner LOL. The yoke, sweetheart neckline, drawstring , matching up the pattern pieces right and so on. More details of this variation can be found here.
Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
Matching the pattern pieces to near perfection ;)
I made a couple of alterations to add to the look of the blouse(Spot the difference in the pictures LOL). I finished the neckline with a bias binding which can be seen on the outside. And I made the cuff with the floral fabric. It is much better that keeping a plain color sleeve,that's the way I felt it more nice.

Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
I love the peplum
The base pattern had princess seams on the front bodice and this is removed in the variation. Later the next step says to remove the dart width from the center front. If this is done then it is like making the bodice's bust area smaller isn't it. I did not do reduce the center front width and the bodice fits me perfectly. Had I reduced the Center front width then it would have been a flop.
Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
Cute little drawstring!

Blouse from burdastyle sewing book with sweetheart neckline
The back ! 
I made this blouse for the copycat challenge, here. I made another dress for the same challenge. May be I will blog about it tomorrow.This post took a lot of time to get published. After I completed this blouse I started writing this post. Somehow it remained in drafts for a long time.anyway here it is finally!

I really enjoy wearing this blouse.To view more projects from this book click here.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Blouse has turned out so good. Kudos to you. I have two left hands when it comes to sewing. You did a gr8 job, can't even spot the difference!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you've mixed the two fabrics, Diya, with the blue on the sleeves and across the front. Your blouse looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diya, I've featured your blouse today...
      http://www.threadingmyway.com/2013/10/this-weeks-features.html

      Delete
  3. Lovely! The sweetheart line looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)