Monday, 25 February 2013

Vintage inspired Jackie Dress

Just another update form my sewing room..
The best surprise for me on my birthday last year was I received a copy of Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern book as a gift from a close friend of mine.. Isn't it a wonderful for a passionate sewer ;) This weekend I worked on two projects and managed to complete both.. First I want to blog about the Jackie dress from the book.

Jackie dress from burdastyle sewing vintage modern
This dress is a variation of the base pattern from the book.The steps are given in the book and we have to draft it. It was clearly written steps. I enjoyed the process of drafting and making. The instructions in this book is so much better than the first Burdastyle sewing handbook. It has truckloads of illustrations on the sewing steps.

Jackie dress from burdastyle sewing vintage modern
I made it for the RTW knock off contest at the patternreview.. As per the rules of the contest we have to make a garment as similar to the garment you saw originally , It could be anything current or from the past.. LOL I feel my dress is very similar in style but not my smile and pose .. The model in that book is too very cute to imitate (sigh!)..
Jackie dress from burdastyle sewing vintage modern
I love the collar. It features a bow on the belt too.
Materials used : Satin Silk material. 
Closures : Invisible Zipper. The review of this pattern can be found here.
I have submitted this entry for the copycat challenge as well. Read more about it hereI will be making a lot of projects form this book. It can be viewed here as and when I update. To see the other dresses I have made click here

22 comments:

  1. Very cute dress! The color and print looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color and print. It looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! And the dress is lovely. Nice choice of color.

    XOXO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love this dress - the color and style really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diya,nice blog you have... I'm your newest follower:)!I love your dress, the fabric and your sweet smile!
    The dress suits you very well!!!
    Hope your week is going well!
    Have a nice day:D

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that style of dress so very pretty
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That came out beautiful! I really love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job drafting the dress, its a good fit, looks just like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes the dress looks great. I like thebold print.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabric and the dress is beautiful. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really lovely - the style looks great and the fabric is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! Beautiful fabric. I hope you'll link up to Make It Wear It Thursday at http://thetraintocrazy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous!!! And the dress is fantastic! It looks so professional and incredibly well-tailored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the fabric you picked out and that style is very flattering. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable dress! I love that style, and that collar is lovely! It looks so good on you!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is an amazing dress! I have never sewn clothes before and am in awe of your skills!!! The bow looks great.

    Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful..Love the fabric and the dress looks great on you. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous dress - love the color! :)
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the print you chose. I'm hoping to try a project from this book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is absolutely adorable! Great job!! Thanks for linking up with us over at http://ladiesholiday.com, we're glad to have you. :)

    Cheers,
    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks fabulous, Diya!!! I love the collar and well done sewing satin silk.

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)Also it helps me find more crafty bloggers. If you have a question I reply to them right here.. So check back :)