Wednesday, 3 October 2012

It is so very cherry blouse

Beauty lies in size and symmetry - Aristotle. Hmm.. true , but does that apply to the clothes we make ? Not really right ? or may be I am justifying the blouse I made recently with an asymmetric button band. 
Never mind, here are some snaps of the recent product from my mini sewing room. psst..I drafted it myself ;)
I was a little busy making a skirt for my niece.Have you already had a look at it ? This blouse was made before the skirt but the post comes up live now..Gosh I am getting lazy to update my sewing on blog these days:/


V Neckline

Cap sleeves


Asymmetric Button band 

Standing collar


Slit and the hem line ..


I drafted this from a basic bodice. I shall update the way I drafted this top shortly.
I like this style now. The Red fruits on the fabric and the rectangular buttons go well don't they ? Material used is pure cotton and rectangular buttons.Want to make a red color capris for this blouse.. Thinking it might look good with red bottoms. Your say?..
What have you been sewing off late? Anything self drafted ?

-Cheers
Diya
P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.

24 comments:

  1. Very cute! Wish I had the pattern. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diya that is marvelous! You are one creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the colour. And you drafted that yourself?!? Wow. You've got to teach me some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous, Diya! Well done on drafting it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that fabric is sweet but the slant of the button is totally fab! It's very flattering--much like a wrap around dress. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diya

    Nice to catch up again, recognised your blog through the hop.

    How clever, I can sew but drafting I can't do. I love the style and the fabric you chose, it's very pretty and feminine.

    Hope you can stop by my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! I love the diagonal front -- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Love the cheery fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely love it! The fabric and the pattern are so perfect together and the asymmetric closure is a great finishing touch. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is amazing! I love the asymmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blouse! Love the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blouse is very beautiful! So talented...I can't sew worth beans! lol
    Saw you sharing at It's So Very Cheri and Cupcakes & Crinoline
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I followed the Link from Sew country Chick. I love this blouse, it's so flattering and the detail is just right. I look forwrad to haveing a look at more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute blouse!! Kind of has an oriental feel the way the buttons are to the side. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cherry and chic with the button line. Love the colar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blouse! Just joined the company!
    Love, Olga

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is super cute! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Sewing Barefoot. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great blouse...I love it!


    Thank you for adding your blog to the Harvest of Friends Weekend Blog Hop last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful job! I love the asymmetrical closure and the collar. Super cute fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cherries & the buttons. You did a really great job. I found ya on the hop. I hope you have a great weekend. If you get a chance to swing by - say hi?

    Nikki
    www.thecraftysideofsarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fresh look and I, for one, love that asymmetrical style. Thanks for sharing your fun fashion on BeColorful this week.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely! Asymmetrical closures are one of my favorite design details, and it looks great with the collar and sleeves. Wonderful job drafting the pattern. I love the shape and colors!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.