Friday, 21 September 2012

Falling Neck Top + Tutorial link

Just finished one messy project and here is another!! Nope not with paints this time, but with a messy printed fabric.. Ohh !! I love the way the neckline drapes .. This one was for my client aka friend.
      
She obliged to get herself clicked in a lot of pics indoors and outdoors... Here they are.
  

    


Actually the print is too messy with a lot of colors splashed on the sheer fabric .. So I feel a draping neck suits it well and thats why I drafted one.. I was inspired by a tutorial written at the poldapop blog, she makes it simple to draft a cowl neck. Want to make a cowl neck then why not get the tute? The material is too slippery to cut and sew , in short too slippery to handle. But it was a good learning.
      


It was fun sewing this flimsy material and doing a photo shoot as well .. Have you got a liking for cowls aka falling necks ? This is my first one and I am in love with them..

Happy Weekend all of you..

P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.

17 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the cowl neck.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I follow you now too.
    Love, Rita
    http://seelovemake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great top~ love your choice of fabric!
    Thanks for sharing this with Sew Much Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job, Diya! Thanks for promoting my tutorial and showing off the pictures. I love that fabric - it's perfect for this style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful top. I love all the colors and designs. Very whimsical. I have not had much success sewing on sheers before, but I need to practice because what you've created is truly beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cowl neckline drapes beautifully, Diya! I like the bright colours...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely:-)
    As always great work wit lots of improvements and creativity:-)

    Keep it up:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not messy, but what an enticingly gorgeous top! Thank you for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great top, amazing job! That's actually my favorite kind of neckline :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this top. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/natural-coconut-bubble-bath-and.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diya!

    I came here via Burda, after seeing your fantastic top! I love it, and am inspired to make one!

    Following your blog to stay tuned for more of your awesome sewing,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favourite necklines. So flattering and I can never understand why they aren't made more. Impressive stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this neckline and the print too. Great work!
    Your client seems happy to get it.
    http://bloomsnbugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is truly gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it on BeColorful.
    What a lucky friend you have. :D
    p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diya,
    You did a beautiful job with this top. I love the neckline and the colors. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Diya, this falling neck look is so soft and I love it. You're inspiring. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm following you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the drape of that fabric, perfect for cowl neck.. and that is a beautiful print.. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)Also it helps me find more crafty bloggers. If you have a question I reply to them right here.. So check back :)