Thursday, 14 June 2012

Floral Dress completed

A little update from my sewing room - A third project completed form the Burdastyle sewing handbook. For a change its not a Blouse .. it’s a dress !! Pretty fabric with floral print and rows tucks all along on the fabric.

 
This is the base pattern for dress in the book. The suggested fabrics is sheer fabrics. For simplicity and ease of learning I chose cotton. The print is too busy to identify the princess seam lines and neckline flounce. But that is the highlight of this pattern.


I drafted some kind of cap sleeves to this dress. But it is somehow not suiting it so I will be removing and making it a sleeveless dress again LOL. The instructions are neat. Although I would have preferred more illustration. I will be making one more from the same pattern. I will be updating it here. So keep a watch:)
This post is a part of the series "Sew book inspired". For more inspiring projects from DIY books click here. If you want to read only the projects from the Burdastyle book then click here. Of course I will keep adding more new posts so you can book mark these links:)

2 comments:

  1. I like this! And I like the fun green leggings! Is this the Burdastyle version? I really want to make Melissa's version - it's very different from what I normally wear but I thought I'd give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes this is the Burdastyle version.looks way different because of the material i used.LOL..I like Mellisa's color blocked version too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)