Sunday, 10 June 2012

Burdastyle Blouse - Novitas Variation

Its nice to sit cosy on a lazy sunday afternoon and blogging!
I finished my second burdastyle blouse last week ! Yay...
And I think the outcome is pretty much lovable. Here it is :


Burdastyle sewing handbook novitas variation tent top
My fav tent top

This is a variation of the base pattern provided in the Burdastyle Sewing handbook. The base design is actually a drawstring blouse with zippers and princess seams. This variation eliminates all those complex steps.
Burdastyle sewing handbook novitas variation tent top
I love the way the centre front looks.
There is clear instructions on how to draft this flared version. Alterations I made was that, I changed the rectangular cap sleeve blouse to be a little tapering at the edges. And also a added top stitching to the yokes and sleeves.

Burdastyle sewing handbook novitas variation tent top
Top stitching.
I used a size 36 and I spent extra time matching the plaid th the centre front.
I reduced the flares considerably as the 'Tentness' of the original design was not looking good on me when I tried the first top.It made the top get a look as if it was a maternity top:D
Burdastyle sewing handbook novitas variation tent top
I altered the sleeves pattern.
The style of this top is a very loose fitting with a lot of flares. I kind of like to wear loose fitting ones once in a while too. It is easy to make. I think spending a little time on getting the centre front pieces matched up is worth the effort.
This post is a part of the series "Sew book inspired". For more inspiring projects from DIY books click here. If you want to read only the projects from the Burdastyle book then click here. Of course I will keep adding more new posts so you can book mark these links:)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful :)
    following your blog ~ come & join me back for more fun DIY & Crafts..

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.