Thursday, 17 May 2012

My first post and first top

Hello to the blogging world... This is my very first post on my brand new blog.. And as well as my first top. I am a little excited and nervous. I am excited because blogging is something new to me. But anyway I start off and I will keep you all up to date with interesting posts on dressmaking and DIY crafts. Please stay in touch:)
Here goes the story of my first top I made- When i stumbled upon the Colette patterns sorbetto top I fell for it. Simply loved Sarai's Floral version.
Fished out a green creeper print fabric and lo!! And sewed it :) I found it very easy to make this one!

Free top pattern sorbetto pattern
I love the contrast bias binding...
Free top pattern sorbetto pattern
...and the front pleat
Free top pattern sorbetto pattern
It fits me perfectly and very comfy to wear too!
I am loving it especially the contrast bias binding and the pleated front.. Its very comfortable to wear and easy to sew..
All it takes is a few hours to get it finished!! My complete review on PR.

2 comments:

  1. Sorbetto has been the most wonderful free pattern that ever was. Love it.YOur version is adorable.
    I think I made 3 or 4.ha. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that green! and yes, i agree that sorbetto is a pretty pattern. good job!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)